Monday, May 30, 2011

Actually Delicious Turkey Burgers


My fifth experiment in the kitchen is a new turkey burger. I love Jenny-O lean ground turkey and am always looking for new recipes to use it in. I really liked this turkey burger recipe because it seemed simple and easy to make. I put the burger on a flat 100 calorie bread, added a slice of 2% American cheese, a few pieces of lettuce and dollop of ketchup. I thought this burger was full of flavor and juicy.


I read the reviews on this recipe and made a couple of changes. I decided to add some Worcestershire sauce and a few dashes of red pepper flakes. I also did not have garlic or fresh parley on hand so I substituted those for garlic powder.

Ingredients 
  • 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
  • 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons finely diced onion
  •   1egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder with parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • few dashes of Worcestershire sauce 
  • few dashes of red pepper flakes 
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
  2. Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Or on the grill over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes per side. 
Turkey Burger Recipe  

No comments:

Post a Comment