Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Squares

My next experiment in the kitchen was a chocolate chip-peanut butter square. I found this recipe on Pillsbury and figured I'd give it a try since I already had all the ingredients. I wish the directions from the recipe were a bit more clear. I wasn't sure if I should melt the peanut butter first and then blend in. Also, should I use a mixer or not. I chose not to melt the peanut butter and mix it by hand. I don't think the filling turned out the way it should have. It was crumbly. There also was not a lot of filling as compared to the picture in the original recipe. Also I only cooked mine for 20min. The cookie on the top browned pretty quickly. Even with all that being said I still thought it tasted pretty good and so simple to make.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 roll of cookie dough

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla until well blended.
2. Cut cookie dough in half. In ungreased 8- or 9-inch square pan, break up half of dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan. Press peanut butter mixture evenly over dough. Crumble and sprinkle remaining half of cookie dough over peanut butter mixture. Carefully spread as evenly as possible.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 3 rows. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

Recipe from Pillsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment