Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pecan Cookie Pancakes with Honey-Cinnamon Butter


My tenth experiment in the kitchen was pecan cookie pancakes. I had sugar cookie dough and didn't want to make cookies so I found a recipe for cookie waffles. I didn't have a waffle maker so I decided to make pancakes instead. My first few pancakes did not come out very well. I don't think the pan was hot enough. I finally made a few good pancakes. There is a ton of batter left so I will probably be eating pancakes for the rest of the week. The waffles would have been easier to make. I also didn't chop the pecans which in hindsight more have made more sense since it was going into the batter. I  also burnt some of the pecans so watch over them while cooking. The honey-cinnamon butter was so delicious. I will being using this butter recipe to top on other breads and muffins. Overall, the pancakes were good, a bit sweet. I think next time I would just use traditional pancake mix and add toasted pecans and use the honey-cinnamon butter. I think cookie dough should proabbly only be used for sweet treats. So if you are intending to use this recipe as a dessert or part of a brunch it would be great. I found it a bit sweet for breakfast- don't want to start the day with a sugar high.

Ingredients
Honey-Cinnamon Butter
1/2 cup Unsalted or Salted Butter, softened
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon  Ground Cinnamon
 
Pancakes 
Waffles
3/4 cup chopped Pecans
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
2  Eggs
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup half-and-half
 
Directions 
1. In small bowl, beat butter, honey and cinnamon with electric mixer on medium-high speed 1 to 2 minutes or until light and creamy; set aside.
2. In 10-inch skillet, cook pecans over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until pecans begin to brown, then stirring constantly until light brown. Remove from skillet to plate to cool.
3. Heat frying pan on low-medium heat Spray with cooking spray
4. In large bowl, break up cookie dough; add eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes or until smooth. Slowly add half-and-half, beating until batter is smooth and thin. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans.5. Poor mix into pan. (I used an ice cream scoop to measure out a good amount of batter) Keep pancakes warm in oven.
6. To serve, top each waffle with about 1 tablespoon honey-cinnamon butter and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the remaining pecans.
Waffle Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment