Monday, August 1, 2011

Sausage and Potatoes Italiano

My next experiment in the kitchen was all about meat and potatoes; a staple in my diet!  I already had 1/2 lb of hot sausage in the freezer so this recipe came together pretty easily. I choose to half the recipe. After reading reviews of this recipe I was a bit concerned it would be too salty, but I didn't see how I could alter the recipe to fix this problem. I choose to just stick with the recipe as written. I found it a bit salty but not overwhelming. I actually thought it to tasted better when I reheated it the next day for lunch.  This recipe was outstanding and is a quick go to dinner. And great for lunch the next day.

Ingredients
1/2 lb bulk Italian pork sausage
2 cups boiling water 
1/2 cup milk 
2 tablespoons butter 
1 box (4.7 oz) Betty Crocker® au gratin potatoes

1/4 cup chopped green onions (2 medium) 
1 tablespoon sliced green onions (1 medium) 



Directions
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. In skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
 
2. In large bowl, mix water, milk and margarine. Stir in pouch of Potatoes and pouch of Sauce Mix. Stir in sausage and 1/4 cup green onions until well blended. Pour potato mixture into baking dish.

3. Bake uncovered 35 minutes. Top with 1 tablespoon green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (sauce will thicken as it stands).

Betty Crocker Recipe

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good, will be adding this to our menu! Would love to have you as a guest blogger on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete