Monday, August 1, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake


 I love cinnamon rolls but wanted to add a twist to the store bought can. This recipe did the trick. With the pecans and orange zest it added a punch of flavor to ordinary cinnamon rolls.I loved the orange flavor that was infused into the rolls. Unfortunately, the brown sugar mixture stuck to the bottom of the pan. It tasted delicious but was difficult to scape off the bottom. The edges were a bit crunchy, but I didn't think this impacted the dish much. I would make these again, but I might not melt the brown sugar for as long as I did. I also thought maybe I could pour the sauce over the top.



Ingredients 
2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
6 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
6 Tablespoons chopped pecans
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 can (17.5 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing

Directions
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8X8-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and orange peel. Pour butter mixture into pan; top with 1/2 of the pecans.
3. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Separate dough into 10 rolls. Cut each into quarters. Place dough pieces in sugar mixture; toss to coat. Arrange in single layer in pan.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Drop icing by teaspoonfuls over top of coffee cake; sprinkle with remaining pecans. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve warm.


Pillsbury Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment