Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cinnamon Roll French Toast


Cinnamon rolls turned french toast! This recipe was very tasty. My french toast did not look as fluffy as the picture on the Pillsbury website, but I thought it was still very good. It also was very easy to make. I added cinnamon to the french toast egg mixture just to add another kick of cinnamon. If you can't already see from my blog already I love cinnamon! I think kids would love to see their favorite cinnamon rolls turned into french toast. This is not very healthy but a great treat to start the morning! I loved the icing. I would to use this recipe to top on regular french toast or pancakes.

Ingredients
1 can (12.4 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (I used Cinnbon rolls and had cream cheese icing)
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
dash of cinnamon 

Directions
1. Bake cinnamon rolls as directed on package. Let rolls cool completely.
2. Spray griddle or 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat griddle to 375°F or heat skillet over medium heat. Slice each roll in half crosswise.
3. In shallow dish, whisk eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup, the vanilla and cinnamon until blended. Dip each cinnamon roll slice into egg mixture, turning to coat completely. Place on griddle. Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4. In small bowl, whisk reserved icing, the remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and enough warm water to create a pourable syrup consistency. Serve over French toast.

Pillsbury Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment