Friday, June 10, 2011

Homemade Microwave Popcorn


My eighth experiment was to help satisfy my snack craving while on another one of my diets. One day while searching the web for low fat topping ideas for popcorn I came across a recipe for popping your own popcorn using a brown paper bag. I went to the store picked up a bag of kernels and a package of brown paper bags. I popped 1/4 cup of kernels in the bag for about two minutes. I then added some spray butter (0 calories ), garlic powder and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. This popcorn is so good and cheap. I estimated the cost to be about $0.08 for 1 serving (about 5 cups). Some people may prefer to add more butter because it definitely isn't like your movie theater popcorn, but the toppings you can add to this popcorn is endless.

Directions

Place 1/4 cup unpopped kernels in a brown-paper lunch bag. Fold the top over tightly a few times; microwave on high for about 2 minutes, or until the popping slows (the timing depends on your microwave). 

Topping Ideas
Spray butter or oil 
garlic 
hot sauce
cinnamon 

1 comment: