Monday, July 18, 2011

Pizza Biscuits

 This recipe was so quick and easy to make. I didn't have any pepperoni so instead I added peppers and onions. I also didn't make two cans of biscuits so I couldn't make a wreath like in the original recipe. I decided to make a fun shape instead. I would recommend making this recipe for a party and using the wreath design. You really could get creative with this recipe and put in any of your favorite pizza toppings.

Ingredients 
1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits ( I used homestyle so I only had 8)
4 sticks (3/4 oz each) Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
1 egg, beaten
1 jalapeno pepper 
1 slice of onion diced
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 can (8 oz) pizza sauce

Directions 
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Separate can of dough into 8 biscuits;  Press each biscuit into 3-inch round
2. Place peppers slices and 2 pieces of cheese on each dough round. Wrap dough around filling, pinching edges to seal and form ball.
3. Arrange balls, sides almost touching (I made an S shape- if you used two cans I would stick with the original recipe and make a wreath)  Brush rings with beaten egg. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave pizza sauce, loosely covered, on High 45 to 60 seconds or until warm.


Pizza Biscuit Wreath recipe from Pillsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment